I’ve been using SASS in Rails projects for years. How I wrote CSS before is hard to imagine but I didn’t have to imagine it for long. As I began work on the Flojuggler iOS app I realized that I had to write some raw CSS. Was not a problem but… kinda sucked. So, I looked around for a tool that would let me write SASS without needing a server side interpreter. I shopped around, tried a few, and decided that Koala is the marsupial for the job.
- Multi-language Support: support for Less,Sass, CoffeeScript and Compass Framework.
- Real-time Compilation: listening files, compile automatically when the file changes, that everything is running in the background without user action.
- Compile Options Support: you can set the compiler options for each file.
- Compression: auto compress code after compilation is completed.
- Error Notification: if encountered an error during compilation, koala will pop up the error message.
- Cross-platform: koala can run in Windows, Mac and Linux.